Small Business Administration extends deadline for hurricane assistance
The Small Business Administration is extending its deadline to apply for Hurricane Florence survivors.
Disaster Loan Outreach Centers in New Bern, Jacksonville and Wilmington are helping with appeals and loan closings.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance offers low interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, non-profit organizations to repair or replace real estate, personal property, machinery & equipment, inventory and business assets damaged or destroyed in a declared disaster.
To file a new disaster loan application, survivors must provide an explanation for missing the previous Dec. 19 deadline. If the SBA deems your reason to be acceptable, you could receive help.
The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved 9,416 disaster loans totaling $369,462,700 for renters, homeowners and businesses in North Carolina impacted by Hurricane Florence in September 2018. Interest rates for homeowners are as low as 2% and 3.675% for businesses of any size depending on credit and ability to repay the loan.
- Centenary United Methodist Church 309 New Street New Bern, NC 28560
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday – Friday and 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday
New Hanover County
- Old Independence Mall (In the old SEARS Store) 3500 Oleander Drive Wilmington, NC 28403
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday – Friday and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday
- Onslow Government Center 234 NW Corridor Boulevard, Room 107 Jacksonville, NC 28540
- Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
For more information, visit one of the three centers, SBA's website or call 1-800-659-2955.
Additional details on the location of the recovery centers and the loan application process can be obtained by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.