How to get a free or discounted ride for New Year's Eve
Holidays are often spent with family, friends and a little bit, or maybe a lot, of alcohol.
Between 2015 and 2017, Greenville saw approximately 330 drunk driving accidents, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Darren Dawson, with Dawson and Albritton, P.A. Law Firm, is offering free rides for those living in the Pitt County area. All you have to do is to make the decision to not drive while intoxicated by taking an Uber, Lyft or cab home. Pay the fare upfront, and Dawson will reimburse you for it via Paypal.
Here are some other guidelines for eligibility:
- Rides must be taken within Greenville or anywhere within Pitt County on qualifying holiday
- You must be of legal drinking age to qualify (21 and over)
- Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination
- Limit one reimbursement per household
- Maximum reimbursement value of $25 anywhere within Pitt County
- Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 100 submissions in 2019
- To get reimbursed, you must send your Receipt, a Photocopy of Valid Driver’s License, and a PayPal associated email address within 7 days of the qualifying holiday to: Dawson & Albritton located at 204 E. Arlington Blvd. Suite M Greenville, NC 27858
If you plan on going out in an area not within Pitt County, Uber is offering a $25 discount for first time riders. To get that discount, enter the code e89nx5e into your Uber app.