MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Duplin County man, woman rushed to hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning

Man, woman rushed to hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Duplin County (MGNOnline.com photo)

A man and a woman were rushed to the hospital Thursday morning after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

Chinquapin Volunteer Fire and Rescue posted on their Facebook page that first responders were dispatched to Firehouse Road.

When they arrived, they found the two unidentified people inside with a generator running in the back bedroom. The interior of the single-wide trailer was "saturated with exhaust fumes."

"To many, it is common sense not to run a generator inside. We post this not to shame anyone for not knowing, but to educate those who don't. Carbon monoxide is dangerous," officials said on the Facebook page, "Please, please, do not use a generator inside any occupied dwelling. Do not run one near an open window or near an air conditioner. That goes for gas and charcoal grills as well."

The condition of the two victims is unclear.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending