COVE CITY, Craven County — A little less than two weeks before Christmas and a family is without a home after theirs caught on fire.
The call came in shortly after 8 p.m. on Tuesday. The single-wide mobile home, located at 110 Daisy Lane, in Cove City. Firefighters finished putting out the fire around 10:20 p.m. It's being deemed as a total loss.
Craven County Assistant Emergency Services Director Ira Whitford said a family was inside the home when an electric space heater sparked the fire.
The fire started on the other end of the house and the family was able to get out in time. They are now staying with family members.