Accidental fire destroys home in Sneads Ferry

Photo Courtesy: Alexis Rochelle

A fire destroys a home in Sneads Ferry.

Chief Ricky Hardison of Turkey Creek Fire Rescue says the fire happened around 11:20 AM at 2116 NC-Highway 172.

No one was home at the time. The house was a total loss.

Hardison says the fire was ruled accidental because of an electrical short by an appliance.

Turkey Creek Fire and Rescue was the primary department.

North Topsail Fire Department, Holly Ridge Fire Department, Verona Fire Department, and Camp Lejeune Emergency Services also responded.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off