NC Emergency Management officials meet with hurricane victims

(Disaster Recovery Parnter for Pitt County YouTube video)

GREENVILLE, Pitt County - Members of the N.C. Emergency Management Office will be in Pitt County Wednesday and Thursday to talk with people whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Matthew last year.

The officials will meet at the Pitt County Agricultural Center at 403 Government Circle in Greenville and at the Harvey Building, located at 540 Queen Street in Grifton. They will be at both locations this Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

If your home was damaged by Hurricane Matthew and you want to be considered for buyout, elevation or reconstruction, you will need to go through an application intake process. You are asked to bring homeowner's insurance information, including your policy number. You also need to bring your FEMA registration number along with any information you have received from FEMA or your insurance company on the amount of damage to your home. An elevation certificate is also needed, if available.

For more information contact the Pitt County Planning Department at (252) 902-3250. You can also go to and you can click here to get a NCEM grant application.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off