MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire temporarily closes Texas Roadhouse in Jacksonville

Crews are cleaning the interior of the Texas Roadhouse in Jacksonville on Wednesday, which was damaged by a grease fire Tuesday night. Restaurant owners hope to have the location reopened in time for dinner Wednesday night. (Merrilee Moore/NewsChannel 12)

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - A fire broke out at the Texas Roadhouse in Jacksonville Tuesday evening, causing the restaurant to be evacuated and then closed for the rest of the evening, authorities reported.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable

The fire was reporter at approximately 7:49 p.m. at the restaurant, located at Texas Roadhouse, 103 Moosehaven Road. Authorities say smoke and flames were seen coming from the roof when Jacksonville Fire and Emergency Services responded with eight units.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

"The fire was determined to be caused by a grease fire that spread into the ventilation hood," JEFS Fire Chief Jerry Hardison said.

The restaurant will remain closed until it can be inspected by the Onslow County Health Department. Owners were hoping to have the restaurant opened Wednesday by 7 p.m. Damage is estimated to be approximately $25,000.

Trending